When choosing a family holiday there is a lot to consider and a lot of choice, it can become a bit overbearing trying to decide what type of holiday is right for you and your family.
Do you choose a hotel, a B&B, a campsite, caravan or villa. The list is endless. Our last two holidays abroad have been to Portugal and both times we decided that a villa was the right choice for us. There are a lot of villas in Portugal and you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing one. When choosing a villa, Clickstay have a wide selection available and something for everyone.
But why is a villa holiday good for families?
- If you have a child that still needs a nap in the day, then choosing a villa is a great idea. It means that you can put your child to sleep and not be stuck in a hotel room. You can sit comfortably in your villa, while they nap.
- Young children are always hungry and have odd eating times. This can make it tricky when staying at a hotel. In your own villa you can stick to their routine for meal times and eat when they need to eat.
- When the children are asleep in the evening, you can still enjoy the villa. You can have a bbq together and actually have a conversation. Instead of the whispers and confinement you get in a hotel room.
- You can go away with another family and make it a cheaper holiday. Whilst still having the freedom in a villa. You have more space and you don’t feel on top of each other.
- When we go abroad I worry about the sun and getting the girls to sit in the shade. With your own pool, it means your own sun loungers and parasol. Which means they can sit in the shade and you don’t have to get up early to reserve a sun lounger!
We loved both our holidays to Portugal. The first time we went with friends and we only had Alice. The villa gave us freedom, Alice’s routine was disrupted and we had all the practical items like cots and highchairs.
Our second holiday to Portugal we had both girls. Holly was still having a daily after lunch nap and Alice was a 3 year toddler with a lot of energy. When choosing a villa for this holiday, we choose one that had options available for entertaining Alice whilst Holly napped. Andy would often take Alice to the playground, whilst I stayed with Holly and she had her nap.
Our girls are not very good if they don’t get enough sleep and sticking to their bedtimes was important. I loved that by staying in the villa, Andy and I could sit in the lounge and have an evening together.
The hardest decision to make when deciding on a villa is, how big do you want your pool to be!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.