Can you believe it will be Christmas Day in five days, are you ready yet? I am normally super organised, but with moving house two weeks ago I still have presents to buy. Plus the wrapping to do, eek!
Every year I have the same problem, what do I buy my husband, my dad and my father in law. Why are men so difficult to buy for? This year my parents have a joint present from us, so that is my dad sorted. But my father in law is still on the list to buy for.
Here are a few tips that might help you if you struggle like me…
- Think about any hobbies that might take part in and is there a present that you could buy that would go with it. If he likes gardening, maybe a nice garden stool to sit on whilst he is in the garden.
- Most people like a personalised present and this can show that a bit more thought has gone into the present. I brought my dad a lovely personalised frame with a picture of the girls in it and it now sits on the table next to his chair.
- Clothes is not usually top of my list for buying presents for my dad or father in law. But, actually mens clothing online is probably a good option as you can buy online and if they don’t live locally you can arrange to get it sent directly to them. Win, win!
- Instead of buying a present, another idea is to buy an experience. My parents love going to the theatre and you can buy gift vouchers which can be used at over 240 different theatres nationwide, including the west end. It’s lovely that they can then choose a show and on a day that they are available. I always like it when a couple of months later, they tell me they are off to a show thanks to my vouchers.
- Spending time with you. Life is so busy that actually getting to spend time with loved ones can be the perfect gift. You could arrange to take them out for the day, or for a family meal or maybe afternoon tea. I know that both Andy and my parents would love this as a gift.
These are just a few ideas that I thought I would share with you, that have helped me over the years. I’m off to start my wrapping and buy my last few presents….
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post