Who we are
I’m Laura and I’m the writer of Dear Bear and Beany, my website address is: https://www.dearbearandbeany.com.
Dear Bear and Beany is a family, lifestyle and travel blog and it’s a place where I share my family life.
I’m committed to maintaining your trust and confidence when you visit Dear Bear and Beany. I want you to know that I will never sell, rent or trade your information with other companies, businesses or bloggers for marketing purposes. That’s not what my blog is about.
If you would like to understand why I collect your personal information, how I use it, any conditions under which I may disclose it to others and how I keep it secure, then please read on.
If you have any questions you can contact me at: [email protected]
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google Analytics & Jetpack Statistics
When you visit Dear Bear and Beany, I use third party services, Google Analytics and Jetpack Statistics, to collect standard internet log information and details of your behaviour patterns. The reason I do this to find out information, like the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. This information is only processed in a way which will not identify you. I do not make, and I don’t allow Google Analytics or Jetpack Statistics to make, any attempt to find out your identity.
I frequently host giveaways on Dear Bear and Beany and I use Rafflecopter.
When you enter your details into the Rafflecopter widget to enter a giveaway, the information you enter is being stored alongside an IP address and date and time stamps. None of this data is stored on Dear Bear and Beany’s server. It is all with Rafflecopter.
I only use this information for the purpose of the giveaway and these are the ways I use this information:
- Enter you into the giveaway and verify your entry.
- Choose a random winner on the rafflecopter website.
- Contact you if you are chosen as a winner.
- With your permission, pass your details to the brand to send your prize to you.
Any information, such as your name, email address, and postal address, may be shared with the brand who I’m running the giveaway on behalf of, for the sole purpose of ensuring that you receive your prize. The brand is also subject to General Data Protection Regulations and should also handle your personal data sensitively.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To request this information please email Laura at [email protected]
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
This policy was created May 2018.
Terms and Conditions
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Dear Bear and Beany’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Dear Bear and Beany’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Dear Bear and Beany at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Dear Bear and Beany’s web site are provided “as is”. Dear Bear and Beany makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Dear Bear and Beany does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Dear Bear and Beany or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Dear Bear and Beany’s Internet site, even if Dear Bear and Beany or a Dear Bear and Beany authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Dear Bear and Beany’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Dear Bear and Beany does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Dear Bear and Beany may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Dear Bear and Beany does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Dear Bear and Beany has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Dear Bear and Beany of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Dear Bear and Beany’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.