Every year I love to write a bucket list and until now I haven’t looked at it or given you an update on how we are getting on. Life has run away with me this year. I can’t wait to see how we’ve done so far…
- Decorate one of the downstairs rooms, either the lounge or the family room.
- The family room is 90% done, there are just a few photos to go in the walls. I would love some new lights and I need to arrange everything on my desk. But I absolutely love what we’ve done to the room so far.
- Decide what we’re doing with our garden and start work on it.
- We know what we want to do, we now need to go to the garden centre and find out how much its going to cost. Then save for it!
- If we save enough money, decorate our bedroom.
- Yes! I’m so pleased that I’ve been able to do our bedroom. The shutters are on order and not due until June. The shelves are coming mid-April and I need to decide what to do on the wall behind our bed. But I LOVE this room!
- Have a gallery wall going up the stairs.
- Remove Alice’s stabilisers
- We’ve taken them off, we now just need to practise more. But with all the snow and rain we’ve not had much chance.
- Teach Holly how to ride her bike correctly
- Same as above, the weather has been against us.
- Bake once a month with the girls
- I think I’ve done this. What with all the snow days and rainy days we’ve done lots of baking.
- Have an Easter Egg Hunt
- We had not just one snowy Easter Egg hunt, but about 4 hunts. We can definitely tick this was off.
- Plant and grow sunflowers
- Yes! Alice and I went and planted our sunflower seeds last week and now waiting to see if they will grow (please grow better than last year!).
- Have a birthday party for Holly and Alice
Andy and I…
- Have a night away together
- Go to the cinema
- We’ve only done this as family. Not yet just the 2 of us.
- Have a day date
- We are having a day date this weekend and we can’t wait.
- Andy to go to a football match/cricket game
- Andy has been to a football match with his friends and also a Rugby match.
- Laura to have a spa day
- Have friends over for dinner/BBQ
- Watch a sunset
- Laura to visit Scotland for the first time
- Yes! I had a lovely trip to Eagle Brae in January with some lovely blogging friends. What a beautiful place and I would love to return with my family.
- Do Go Ape
- We had this booked and it got cancelled due to the snow. Alice and I are now doing it this weekend and can’t wait.
- Andy to start running again
- Yes! He has been really good and going a few times each week. He runs with his friend and I think this a great way to motivate yourself.
- Laura to learn Lightroom/Photoshop
- I’ve brought them and I do use Lightroom. I now need to learn more about to get the best from it.
As A Family…
- Go to a National Trust Property that we’ve not been to before
- When we went glamping for the first time in Dorset, we took a trip to Corfe Castle. It was beautiful and definitely one of my favourite National Trust places we’ve been to.
- Go strawberry picking
- Have a holiday abroad if possible.
- We made a decision not to go abroad this year. The cost of it was ridiculous and we decided to use the money to have a holiday in the UK. A few little trips throughout the year and also to do the family room. It was definitely the best decision we made.
- Take the girls camping
- Hopefully we will get a chance to do this in the warmer months. But we did go glamping for the first time and loved it.
- Visit Cornwall
- Our family holiday this year is to Cornwall and we can’t wait to go. I’ve not been since I was a child and it will be great fun.
- Visit a theme park
- A trip to London
- This is all booked for October and I can’t wait.
- Visit the Bluebells
- Collect conkers
- Go pumpkin picking
- Find a sunflower field
- Go to a new beach
- Go to Alton Towers
- Yes! We went last week for 2 days and had an amazing time. We were really lucky to have a sunny day and the girls loved Cbeebiesland. It was brilliant and we can’t wait to go back in a few months.
- Go ten pin bowling
- We went for the first time as a family on the 1st January! It was great fun and the girls loved it. We will definitely be doing it again.
- See a different Father Christmas experience
- Have a weekend away
- We’ve had a couple of weekends away already this year and we have 4 more booked in for the rest of the year. We decided to make this the year that we got away more and so far we’re loving our little adventures away.
- Go Glamping
- We had a wonderful time glamping at Caalm Camp in Dorset in February. We were a bit apprehensive about it before we went, but it was brilliant fun. I can see us doing it again.
I can’t believe how much we’ve managed to do already. Just writing this post I can already see what a difference this year is going to be to any other. I guess it’s a sign that our girls are growing up, which makes it easier to go away more.
I’m excited for the plans we’ve made for the rest of the year.