As I’ve got older, I’ve become more uneasy and worried about our safety. I don’t know if it’s an age thing, becoming a parent or just that social media makes us more aware of the dangers that are around.
I even worry when we’re in our own home, we often get unwanted cold callers, trying to sell us things on our doorsteps. The police issue warnings all the time telling people not to open your door, but its not always that easy to know who is the other side of the door before you open it.
It would be lovely to have full CCTV to cover our house and garden, but that can be expensive and we should be able to feel safe in our own homes with only a small budget. I was recently sent a new Neos SmartCam, which is an indoor security camera, with so many great security features and has a low price tag of, £19.99!
If you are looking for an indoor affordable camera, then the Neos SmartCam could be the one for you. What I love about it, is that it is flexible for your needs. You can monitor both the inside of your home and the outside of your home. Also, because they are affordable you could easily buy 2, and do both at the same time.
We’ve been using it to monitor the outside of our house, with the camera positioned for me to be able to see who is at the front door. This is where I feel most vulnerable, answering the door without knowing who is there. I really like that I’m able to see who is at the front door before I’ve even left my sofa.
I can use the live stream camera, that is in HD and see who is at the door. It’s brilliant that an indoor camera, can be placed for you to see outside.
I can also easily turn the camera around and monitor the inside of our house, whilst we’re not there. It really is very flexible with how you use it and perfect for when we go away.
To set the Neos SmartCam up on your phone, it is really easy to do. I didn’t need to wait for Andy, and he was amazed I had done it when he got home. You just need to download the app, complete the steps and your done!
Each step is explained, and very intuitive to complete. Once you’re connected to the wifi, the process begins.
If you get stuck, there are handy guides on hand for you to click and be shown in more detail what you need to do, if you need them. But as you can see the instructions are really clear and simple to follow.
That’s it, in 6 simple steps you are connected and ready to start using your Neos SmartCam.
For such a small affordable camera, it is packed with a lot:
- 1080p Full HD – Captures sharp images
- Live stream – See through the camera lens in real time, anytime via the app
- Night vision – Enhanced night vision to see in the dark
- Motion detection – Senses movement and sends alerts straight to the smartphone
- Noise detection – Built-in motion sensor
- Auto-arming – Automatically switches on and off as you arrive or leave the home
- 2-way audio – Hear what is happening in real time
- 8x digital zoom – Pinch and zoom to see more in live view and playback
- Cloud recording – Automatically records motion, storing 12 seconds of video on the cloud
- Flexible design – Simple installation and setup, with a 3-axis movement to point the camera in the best position
- SD card enabled – SD card compatible to continuously record video even without Wi-Fi
- Download clips – Save video clips on the phone and share with family and friends
I couldn’t wait to get using the camera and to see the live stream on my phone. The quality is amazing and I can clearly see when someone approaches the house. I got Andy to go outside, so I could test it 🙂
You can also take photos, zoom, record and speak all via the app, which is very impressive. It has definitely made me feel more safe in my own home.
You could also have some fun with it and turn it around to view what is going inside your home. If you have someone babysitting for you, how funny would it be to see what they do via your phone, when you are not there. I always think people are going to have a little snoop!!
We’ve been really impressed with what the camera is able to do and for the price of £19.99, I recommend it for that extra security that you maybe looking for.
You can buy the Neos SmartCam over at Neos.
Disclosure: I’m working on a paid partnership with neos Smartcam, opinions and content are entirely my own.