A Day In The Life Of…The Mummy Adventure

A Day In The Life Of…The Mummy Adventure

I’m back with another A Day In The Life Of… It’s a chance for other bloggers to share what a typical day looks like for them. I’m proper nosey and I love to see what people get up to in their day. It’s also a great chance for you to find some more blogs that you might like to follow.

Today we have Bex from The Mummy Adventure, Bex lives in Kent with Ed and their four children.

Here is what a typical day looks like for her…

08.10: I wake up and panic.  Every day is the same and I still never learn.  I wake up Ed and the children and go downstairs to make them breakfast.

08.15: I get dressed and brush my hair, gather the kids clothes and go downstairs to dress them (sometimes whilst they are still eating breakfast)

08.45: I walk Dylan to school, usually running the last 100metres as the bell has gone and the parents are starting to leave the carpark.

09.15: Get home and pick up Archie, who I then walk round to nursery which is in the opposite direction from my house.

09.45: Prepare properly to start the day.  I usually pack up the bags and head out with the little two.  At the moment our most common haunt is the beach so we pitch up our little tent, get out the buckets and spades and chill out for the morning.

12.30: We pack up our beach bits and walk up into the town to meet some friends for lunch, choosing a cafe with an outside area so that the toddlers can run around whilst we wait.

14.00: Walk back home to empty our shoes of sand.  Everyone is a bit tired so Cora has a nap, Finn watches Max and Ruby on TV and I flick through Instagram.

14.45: Providing both children are asleep / in a TV coma, I leave the house alone to go and do the double school pick up, with both nursery and school being in opposite directions it is usually quite manic. Ed works from home so can take a well timed break.

15.40: Everyone is at home, I break into a watermelon and send all the children into the garden with it.  They bounce / kick / dig for a while.

17.00: The kids come back inside and put on the X-box to either play a game or watch TV.  I start cooking dinner.

17.45: Dinner is served and we eat at the dining room table.  The kids demand pudding and depending on my mood/the weather, they have either fruit, yoghurt or an ice lolly in the garden.

19.00: Children all into PJs, Dylan does his school reading.

19.30: I take Cora upstairs to get her to sleep.  This can take up to 2 hours so Ed puts the three boys to bed whilst I am doing it.

21.30ish: I get my laptop out to start doing blog related stuff – answering emails, editing photos, writing posts, scheduling social media etc. Ed plays computer games and we chat and send each other links to silly things and bits we want to buy over FB messanger.

23.00: Go upstairs to feed Cora who has already woken up.

01.00: Finally pack up my computer as my eyes are getting blurry.  Go upstairs and feed Cora who is up again for milk.  I try and go to bed about now, but she will wake at least 2 more times before the morning.

Thank you Bex!

If you would like to find out more about Bex, head over to her blog or follow her on Twitter , Facebook or Instagram.

If you would like to take part in my A Day In The Life Of… Series, drop me an email at [email protected] I would love to have you.


1 Comment

  1. Rebecca hollick
    23/08/2017 / 17:03

    Must be so lovely living near the beach!x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.