A Day In The Life Of…Cup Of Toast

A Day In The Life Of…Cup Of Toast

I’m back with another A Day In The Life Of… It’s a chance for other bloggers to share what a typical day looks like for them. I’m proper nosey and I love to see what people get up to in their day. It’s also a great chance for you to find some more blogs that you might like to follow.

Today we have Jo from Cup of Toast, a family and lifestyle blog.

Here is what a typical day looks like for her…

06:30 We woke up and rolled out of bed ready to start the day. The boys were all still asleep (amazingly!) so we got ready then woke them and ushered our older two into their school uniform.

07:30 I served a breakfast of cereal, toast and fruit, whilst filling school water bottles and double checking school and nursery bags while my husband walked the dog. The boys kindly shared their food and drink with the kitchen table, so when they’d finished I cleaned that up before the dog got to it!

08:00 I smothered the children with suncream, dressed our toddler, brushed teeth and put shoes on. We clambered into the car and set off.

08:30 We made it through the town traffic, pulled into a parking space and piled out onto the pavement. I persuaded the toddler into his pushchair for speed, and grabbed coats, hats, school bags and water bottles.

09:10 Back home I sorted out some mail and took our dog for another quick walk to the post box. On returning home I made a start on my jobs for the day, which always includes the washing, drying and/or sorting of clothes! The only thing I don’t do very much of is ironing. We have an ironing lady who saves my sanity every Sunday evening when she returns a pile of freshly ironed, beautifully spritzed clothes on hangers for me to transfer to our wardrobes. Our garden is an ever expanding project so I also spent some time sorting it a little before rushing back to pick The Loud One up from nursery.

11:45 With The Loud One chatting away in the back of the car about his morning I returned home and made us a lunch of Lidl focaccia and salad. I chatted to him some more, read him some stories and then settled him down for a nap.

13:00 Onwards and upwards with the chores. My biggest challenge was to go through the paperwork which is slowly but surely forming a mountain every time I turn my back! I also worked my way through my email inbox which is starting to get rather busy, and checked in on social media. I am hooked on watching stories on Instagram at the moment!

14:20 The post arrived with toys for party bags (we are starting the birthday season in our house). I put them away, then packed snacks for after school and filled water bottles for myself and The Loud One. I woke him and we scuttled off on the afternoon school run.

15:10 Arriving at school I picked up Munch, had a chat with a teacher about the process for the transition of his health care plan between school years, and then took him and The Loud One to the park for a play before we headed back to school to pick up Chief from his after school club.

16:30 Home at last and the boys had fun unpacking a box of goodies that they’d been sent from the RSPB, courtesy of their grandma. They are enjoying the extra outdoor space that we have so much, especially noticing the wildlife that visits us. They had a good look through their gift, completing some of the activities and using their new books to identify birds in the garden.

17:15 I sorted an easy pasta bake for tea, followed by fruit crumble and yoghurt for the boys, before we ‘phoned my mother in law to say thank you for the RSPB gifts and catch up with her. The boys then spent some time building a Lego fort, before watching CBeebies whilst I ran a bubble bath for them. I threw open the windows and turned on the fans upstairs to cool the house down a little before their bedtime.

19:00 With bath time over, teeth brushed and pyjamas on, it was time for stories. My husband arrived during this point so was able to say goodnight to the boys before books were put away and curtains were pulled.

20:00 Time for me to tidy the living room, clean the kitchen, bring in the washing, sort dry clothes and organise school bags for the following day whilst my husband finished a couple of bits of work, prepared our tea and washed the dishes.

21:00 I reviewed and edited some new posts for my blog, Cup of Toast, and did some planning. The summer holidays are quickly approaching and whilst I can’t wait to have more time with the boys I need to make sure that I organise and schedule my posts alongside all the fun!

22:30 Finally time to head to bed with a good book. Squeezing even just a few pages in switches my mind off at the end of the day and makes me relax before it’s lights out, and sleep, ready to start again tomorrow!

If you would like to find out more about Jo, head over to her blog or follow her on TwitterFacebook or Instagram.

If you would like to take part in my A Day In The Life Of… Series, drop me an email at [email protected] I would love to have you.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.