I can’t believe we are at the end of March already, it was another fast month. But that’s ok with me, as we are heading to warmer times. Let’s see how we’ve done with ticking off some more things of our bucket list.
- Get our loft boarded (boring, but practical!)
- Yes, we got this done a couple of weeks ago and it’s brilliant. It took them all day, as it has to be on stilts and you can’t just lay down the boards. It has meant we can make a start on the spare bedroom, now all the boxes have gone.
- Have a patio laid
- The patio is laid and I’m so pleased that we were able to get it done. One of the perks of living on a new build estate, there are lots of handy builders around to do jobs for us. We’ve had a couple of sunny afternoons and the girls have been out playing on it.
- Install a shoe rack in the hallway
- Yes, we built it and it is installed in the hallway. I love this area of the house now and I always smile when I walk into our home.
- Buy new bedroom furniture for Holly
- Not only have we brought it, but we also put it all together. Holly’s room looks so much bigger with this furniture and I am just putting the finishing touches to it.
- Get blinds/curtains/shutters at all the windows
- We got our lovely shutters fitted a couple of weeks ago and I couldn’t be more pleased with them. They have completed the rooms so perfectly and I love them. That is now all our windows done.
- Decorate the girls bedrooms
- I decorated Alice’s bedroom with fairy wall stickers and she loves it. Holly’s room is so nearly done, I just need to find the perfect rug and it’s finished.
- Potty Train Holly
- Find new swimming lessons for Holly – We are currently on the waiting list and waiting to find out if Holly will get a place after Easter.
- Alice to start Rainbows
- Have an Easter Egg Hunt – We have this booked in the diary all ready for April.
- Go on more bike rides
- Have a birthday party
- Move Holly into a bed
- With Holly’s new furniture arriving, we moved her across to a bed a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it didn’t quite go to plan, you can read about it here if you fancy it. She absolutely loves her new bed and is sleeping for longer.
Andy and I…
- Have a night away together
- Go to the cinema
- Andy and I had a lovely evening with our friends. We out for dinner and then to see Trainspotting 2, which I loved.
- Have a day date
- Andy to go to a football match
- Laura to have a spa day
- Laura to go to a blogging conference
- I’m not sure what happened to me in March, but I’m now going to BlogOn and BritMums!! Thankfully Ive got my new business cards all ready to go.
- Andy to play golf
- Have friends over for dinner
As A Family…
- Go to a National Trust Property that we’ve not been to before
- Go to the beach and eat fish and chips
- Have a holiday
- We have booked our holiday and we are off to Wales in August. I can’t wait!
- Go camping for the first time
- We’ve booked to go with our friends in August. We were meant to go last year, but Alice came down with chicken pox two days before, so fingers crossed we make it this year.
- Visit Devon
- Go to the cinema
- At the weekend the girls and I went to the cinema with my mum. It was Holly’s first time and she loved it. We went to see Trolls, which is a great film. I won’t tick this one off completely until we’ve gone with Andy with us too.
- Visit a theme park
- A trip to London
- Go ice skating
- See a panto
We made some progress this month, mainly with the last two big things that needed to be done around the house. I’m sure with the Easter holidays around the corner, we will get some fun ones ticked off the list.