October has been a full on month with half term last week. As we are getting nearer the end of the year, there isn’t many things left on our bucket list. I’ve loved having it and I will definitely be doing another one next year.
Let’s see how we are getting on with ticking off our bucket list.
- Get our loft boarded (boring, but practical!)
- Yes, we got this done a couple of weeks ago and it’s brilliant. It took them all day, as it has to be on stilts and you can’t just lay down the boards. It has meant we can make a start on the spare bedroom, now all the boxes have gone.
- Have a patio laid
- The patio is laid and I’m so pleased that we were able to get it done. One of the perks of living on a new build estate, there are lots of handy builders around to do jobs for us. We’ve had a couple of sunny afternoons and the girls have been out playing on it.
- Install a shoe rack in the hallway
- Yes, we built it and it is installed in the hallway. I love this area of the house now and I always smile when I walk into our home.
- Buy new bedroom furniture for Holly
- Not only have we brought it, but we also put it all together. Holly’s room looks so much bigger with this furniture and I am just putting the finishing touches to it.
- Get blinds/curtains/shutters at all the windows
- We got our lovely shutters fitted a couple of weeks ago and I couldn’t be more pleased with them. They have completed the rooms so perfectly and I love them. That is now all our windows done.
- Decorate the girls bedrooms
- I decorated Alice’s bedroom with fairy wall stickers and she loves it. Holly’s room is so nearly done, I just need to find the perfect rug and it’s finished.
- I’ve now done Holly’s room with a woodland theme and it’s gorgeous. Her little face when she saw it was a picture and that makes it all worthwhile.
- Potty Train Holly
- Holly is officially potty trained! I can’t tell you how amazing she has done, she now tells us when she needs to go and I can’t remember the last time she had an accident.
- Find new swimming lessons for Holly
- Holly now swims every Monday and she is loving it.
- Alice to start Rainbows
- Alice started Rainbows a few weeks ago and she loves it. She has done gardening and planted some bulbs. Every week she can’t wait to go and I love to see her excitement.
- Have an Easter Egg Hunt
- Yay! We went for a lovely Easter Egg Hunt at Highclere Castle with all my family. The girls had great fun making their way around the ground looking for the clues. They got a really good size egg too! We also had an Easter egg hunt in the garden too, you can’t have too many can you!
- Go on more bike rides
- Andy has been really great at taking the girls out on their bikes, especially Alice. It’s her favourite thing to do! Holly is still trying to get the hang of it, bless her, but she loves her little bike.
- Have a birthday party – Yes! Alice had her school birthday party just before they broke up for the summer. We decided to do it early to make sure all her friends could come, as so many people go away in August. She had a brilliant time and told me it was the best party ever, so that is a win for me.
- Move Holly into a bed
- With Holly’s new furniture arriving, we moved her across to a bed a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it didn’t quite go to plan, you can read about it here if you fancy it. She absolutely loves her new bed and is sleeping for longer.
Andy and I…
- Have a night away together
- Go to the cinema
- Andy and I had a lovely evening with our friends. We out for dinner and then to see Trainspotting 2, which I loved.
- Have a day date – We have a day planned next weekend for our wedding anniversary and I can’t wait.
- Andy to go to a football match or cricket test match
- Andy went to Wembley with his friends on May Bank Holiday. He has also now been to the cricket with my dad and with work, so I think we can definitely tick this one off.
- Laura to have a spa day – A few weeks ago my sister in law and I spent a couple of hours one Sunday morning having a lovely time at the spa. We had an hour in the hot tub, followed by a back massage and it was perfect.
- Laura to go to a blogging conference
- I went to BlogOn this month and had a brilliant time. It was lovely to meet my wonderful friend Laura and we stayed up chatting until 2am. I got to see some old faces and some new ones too and I enjoyed it so much more than last time.
- Andy to play golf
- Have friends over for dinner
As A Family…
- Go to a National Trust Property that we’ve not been to before
- We brought National Trust passes this month and the girls and I headed to Mottisfont with my parents. We had a great time and it was really beautiful. We will definitely be heading back with Andy and visiting lots more NT places.
- We went to another National Trust that we haven’t been to before, Cliveden. Its beautiful and had the best play area. we will definitely be going back.
- We are well and truly smashing this one! We stopped of at Tredegar House on our way to our holiday in Wales for a picnic. It was the perfect place to stop off and get some fresh air too.
- Go to the beach
- At the weekend we headed to the beach. It wasn’t that warm, but not cold. But it was a bit windy! The girls loved it though and we had a great time. I know we will be heading to the beach a few more times this year.
- We’ve been on holiday in Wales this week and we headed to the beach a couple of times. This photo was taken on Tenby beach, which is the first beach Alice went on when she was 10 months old.
- Have a holiday
- We’re currently on our last day of our holiday in Wales. I can’t begin to tell you what an amazing time we’ve had. Life just seems so much better and a little bit easier away from normal life.
- Go camping for the first time
- We went on our first family camping trip last weekend with our friends. We had a great time and the girls loved it. I can see camping being a big part of our lives as the girls get older.
- Have a family weekend away
- Go to the cinema
- At the weekend the girls and I went to the cinema with my mum. It was Holly’s first time and she loved it. We went to see Trolls, which is a great film. We all went as a family to see The Smurfs The Lost Village and we all loved it. I used to love the smurfs when I was a child and I love that the girls do too. It was brilliant
- We took another trip to the cinema a couple of weekends ago for Andy’s birthday. We went to see Despicable Me 3 and then had lunch at Frankie and Benny’s. It was brilliant.
- Visit a theme park
- Last week we took a trip to Hampshire and headed to Paultons Park for Holly’s birthday. She is Peppa Pig mad and had an amazing time.
- A trip to London
- Go ice skating
- See a panto – Tickets are booked!
One item ticked off and a few things booked in! Let’s see how we get on in November.