I can’t believe we are at the end of January already and before I came to write this, I thought oh dear I bet I haven’t ticked anything off our list. But actually I did better than I thought, shall we take a look…
- Get our loft boarded (boring, but practical!)
- Yes, we got this done a couple of weeks ago and it’s brilliant. It took them all day, as it has to be on stilts and you can’t just lay down the boards. It has meant we can make a start on the spare bedroom, now all the boxes have gone.
- Have a patio laid
- Install a shoe rack in the hallway
- We’ve brought it, which is amazing as it took us ages to finally decide what do with the hallway. We just need to get it installed.
- Buy new bedroom furniture for Holly
- Not only have we brought it, but we also put it all together. Holly’s room looks so much bigger with this furniture and I am just putting the finishing touches to it.
- Get blinds/curtains/shutters at all the windows
- They are ordered and we are waiting for them to be fitted.
- Decorate the girls bedrooms
- I decorated Alice’s bedroom with fairy wall stickers and she loves it. I’ve made a start on Holly’s, so this will be ticked off next month.
- Potty Train Holly
- Find new swimming lessons for Holly
- Alice to start Rainbows
- Have an Easter Egg Hunt
- Go on more bike rides
- Have a birthday party
- Move Holly into a bed
- With Holly’s new furniture arriving, we moved her across to a bed a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it didn’t quite go to plan, you can read about it here if you fancy it. She absolutely loves her new bed and is sleeping for longer.
Andy and I…
- Have a night away together
- Go to the cinema
- We have got a cinema date booked in the diary with our friends to see Train spotting 2.
- Have a day date
- Andy to go to a football match
- Laura to have a spa day
- Laura to go to a blogging conference
- Andy to play golf
- Have friends over for dinner
As A Family…
- Go to a National Trust Property that we’ve not been to before
- Go to the beach and eat fish and chips
- Have a holiday
- Andy has booked the time of work and we are now looking at places to go. So hopefully this one will actually happen this year!
- Go camping for the first time
- We’ve booked to go with our friends in August. We were meant to go last year, but Alice came down with chicken pox two days before, so fingers crossed we make it this year.
- Visit Devon
- Go to the cinema
- At the weekend the girls and I went to the cinema with my mum. It was Holly’s first time and she loved it. We went to see Trolls, which is a great film. I won’t tick this one off completely until we’ve gone with Andy with us too.
- Visit a theme park
- A trip to London
- Go ice skating
- See a panto
I’m really pleased with how much we’ve ticked off the list and how many we have started to progress, even if they are not completely done.
Let’s see what February brings…