It’s the end of the year, which means it’s time to have one final look at how we did at our Bucket List for 2017.
Let’s see how we’re getting on.
I’m really pleased that we managed to tick everything off this list and we did all fairly early in the year. I know that next year will see more house projects to do.
- Get our loft boarded (boring, but practical!)
- Yes, we got this done a couple of weeks ago and it’s brilliant. It took them all day, as it has to be on stilts and you can’t just lay down the boards. It has meant we can make a start on the spare bedroom, now all the boxes have gone.
- Have a patio laid
- The patio is laid and I’m so pleased that we were able to get it done. One of the perks of living on a new build estate, there are lots of handy builders around to do jobs for us. We’ve had a couple of sunny afternoons and the girls have been out playing on it.
- Install a shoe rack in the hallway
- Yes, we built it and it is installed in the hallway. I love this area of the house now and I always smile when I walk into our home.
- Buy new bedroom furniture for Holly
- Not only have we brought it, but we also put it all together. Holly’s room looks so much bigger with this furniture and I am just putting the finishing touches to it.
- Get blinds/curtains/shutters at all the windows
- We got our lovely shutters fitted a couple of weeks ago and I couldn’t be more pleased with them. They have completed the rooms so perfectly and I love them. That is now all our windows done.
- Decorate the girls bedrooms
- I decorated Alice’s bedroom with fairy wall stickers and she loves it. Holly’s room is so nearly done, I just need to find the perfect rug and it’s finished.
- I’ve now done Holly’s room with a woodland theme and it’s gorgeous. Her little face when she saw it was a picture and that makes it all worthwhile.
Another one that I’m pleased to see we managed to do everything we set out for the girls. It’s been a pretty amazing year for these two.
- Potty Train Holly
- Holly is officially potty trained! I can’t tell you how amazing she has done, she now tells us when she needs to go and I can’t remember the last time she had an accident.
- Find new swimming lessons for Holly
- Holly now swims every Monday and she is loving it.
- Alice to start Rainbows
- Alice started Rainbows a few weeks ago and she loves it. She has done gardening and planted some bulbs. Every week she can’t wait to go and I love to see her excitement.
- Have an Easter Egg Hunt
- Yay! We went for a lovely Easter Egg Hunt at Highclere Castle with all my family. The girls had great fun making their way around the ground looking for the clues. They got a really good size egg too! We also had an Easter egg hunt in the garden too, you can’t have too many can you!
- Go on more bike rides
- Andy has been really great at taking the girls out on their bikes, especially Alice. It’s her favourite thing to do! Holly is still trying to get the hang of it, bless her, but she loves her little bike.
- Have a birthday party
- Yes! Alice had her school birthday party just before they broke up for the summer. We decided to do it early to make sure all her friends could come, as so many people go away in August. She had a brilliant time and told me it was the best party ever, so that is a win for me.
- Move Holly into a bed
- With Holly’s new furniture arriving, we moved her across to a bed a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it didn’t quite go to plan, you can read about it here if you fancy it. She absolutely loves her new bed and is sleeping for longer.
Andy and I…
- Have a night away together – We didn’t manage to do this one and there is a reason for this. Alice is a bit of a pickle if she sleeps at other people’s houses, which is basically only been my parents house. I know that my mum has no problem with this, as it’s only 1 night for her. But the knock on effect to Alice having hardly any sleep, means Andy and I have a grumpy, tired and difficult Alice for a week afterwards and it would have to be something big for us to go through this pain again. Which is sad, but it’s just the place we are in right now. Hopefully Alice will grow out it this over the next few years.
- Go to the cinema
- Andy and I had a lovely evening with our friends. We out for dinner and then to see Trainspotting 2, which I loved.
- Have a day date
- Andy and I had a lovely day together for our wedding anniversary. The girls went and spent the day with my brother and SIL and had lots of fun with them and my niece. While Andy and I went shopping and had lunch together. It was really nice to have this time together.
- Andy to go to a football match or cricket test match
- Andy went to Wembley with his friends on May Bank Holiday. He has also now been to the cricket with my dad and with work, so I think we can definitely tick this one off.
- Laura to have a spa day – A few weeks ago my sister in law and I spent a couple of hours one Sunday morning having a lovely time at the spa. We had an hour in the hot tub, followed by a back massage and it was perfect.
- Laura to go to a blogging conference
- I went to BlogOn this month and had a brilliant time. It was lovely to meet my wonderful friend Laura and we stayed up chatting until 2am. I got to see some old faces and some new ones too and I enjoyed it so much more than last time.
- Andy to play golf – Andy hasn’t really had any desire to play golf this year. He is going to look at starting running next year, as I think it’s good for you to do something for you and this is what he has decided to do. He has even brought new running trainers!
- Have friends over for dinner – Sadly, we’ve not managed this. Time just seems to run away with us and we just haven’t made the effort to make this happen!
As A Family…
- Go to a National Trust Property that we’ve not been to before
- We brought National Trust passes this month and the girls and I headed to Mottisfont with my parents. We had a great time and it was really beautiful. We will definitely be heading back with Andy and visiting lots more NT places.
- We went to another National Trust that we haven’t been to before, Cliveden. Its beautiful and had the best play area. we will definitely be going back.
- We are well and truly smashing this one! We stopped of at Tredegar House on our way to our holiday in Wales for a picnic. It was the perfect place to stop off and get some fresh air too.
- Go to the beach
- At the weekend we headed to the beach. It wasn’t that warm, but not cold. But it was a bit windy! The girls loved it though and we had a great time. I know we will be heading to the beach a few more times this year.
- We’ve been on holiday in Wales this week and we headed to the beach a couple of times.
- Have a holiday
- We’re currently on our last day of our holiday in Wales. I can’t begin to tell you what an amazing time we’ve had. Life just seems so much better and a little bit easier away from normal life.
- Go camping for the first time
- We went on our first family camping trip last weekend with our friends. We had a great time and the girls loved it. I can see camping being a big part of our lives as the girls get older.
- Have a family weekend away
- Go to the cinema
- At the weekend the girls and I went to the cinema with my mum. It was Holly’s first time and she loved it. We went to see Trolls, which is a great film. We all went as a family to see The Smurfs The Lost Village and we all loved it. I used to love the smurfs when I was a child and I love that the girls do too. It was brilliant
- We took another trip to the cinema a couple of weekends ago for Andy’s birthday. We went to see Despicable Me 3 and then had lunch at Frankie and Benny’s. It was brilliant.
- Visit a theme park
- Last week we took a trip to Hampshire and headed to Paultons Park for Holly’s birthday. She is Peppa Pig mad and had an amazing time.
- A trip to London – Alice and I had a trip to London last weekend to Kidzania with my SIL and niece. Sadly Holly is too young to come and she had a fun day with daddy instead. Alice loved going on the train to London and it was nice to spend this time with her. I’m also taking both Alice and Holly next month with mum to London.
- Go ice skating – We’re going ice skating today! Nothing like leaving this to the last minute. It’s become a bit of a family tradition to go at Christmas with my parents and brother’s family. Even though it’s only me, my SIL, the girls and my niece who actually go on the ice. Andy gets a nice comfortable seat with my brother and parents to watch. If Andy manages to get a decent photo of us, I will pop one in tonight.
- See a panto – We headed to the panto at the start of December on my mum’s birthday. Before we went to the Panto, we had brunch at Bills restaurant, which was really lovely. The whole family went and it was great, until Holly freaked out at the scary witch and was so scared Andy had to take her out. Thankfully Alice enjoyed it and even went again with Rainbows!
Well not too bad, not a completed list but I’m happy with what we have done this year. Now it’s time to put together a bucket list for 2018, I better get planning and organising.