Well February I blinked and you went. I love how quickly February goes, after the long month of January. Let’s see if we managed to tick anything of our bucket list.
- Get our loft boarded (boring, but practical!)
- Yes, we got this done a couple of weeks ago and it’s brilliant. It took them all day, as it has to be on stilts and you can’t just lay down the boards. It has meant we can make a start on the spare bedroom, now all the boxes have gone.
- Have a patio laid
- We have booked this in and I am so pleased that we are able to get it done in time for the summer. I really wasn’t sure if this would happen this year.
- Install a shoe rack in the hallway
- Yes, we built it and it is installed in the hallway. I love this area of the house now and I always smile when I walk into our home.
- Buy new bedroom furniture for Holly
- Not only have we brought it, but we also put it all together. Holly’s room looks so much bigger with this furniture and I am just putting the finishing touches to it.
- Get blinds/curtains/shutters at all the windows
- The blinds and curtains are all done and we are waiting for the shutters to be fitted in March.
- Decorate the girls bedrooms
- I decorated Alice’s bedroom with fairy wall stickers and she loves it. Holly’s room is so nearly done, I just need to find the perfect rug and it’s finished.
- Potty Train Holly
- Find new swimming lessons for Holly
- Alice to start Rainbows
- Have an Easter Egg Hunt
- Go on more bike rides
- Have a birthday party
- Move Holly into a bed
- With Holly’s new furniture arriving, we moved her across to a bed a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it didn’t quite go to plan, you can read about it here if you fancy it. She absolutely loves her new bed and is sleeping for longer.
Andy and I…
- Have a night away together
- Go to the cinema
- Andy and I had a lovely evening with our friends. We out for dinner and then to see Trainspotting 2, which I loved. I would definitely like to get another cinema trip in before the end of the year.
- Have a day date
- Andy to go to a football match
- Laura to have a spa day
- Laura to go to a blogging conference
- I’ve booked to go to BritMums and I am so nervous, but also really excited. I loved it last year and I’m sure I will again.
- Andy to play golf
- Have friends over for dinner
As A Family…
- Go to a National Trust Property that we’ve not been to before
- Go to the beach and eat fish and chips
- Have a holiday
- We have booked our holiday and we are off to Wales in August. I can’t wait!
- Go camping for the first time
- We’ve booked to go with our friends in August. We were meant to go last year, but Alice came down with chicken pox two days before, so fingers crossed we make it this year.
- Visit Devon
- Go to the cinema
- At the weekend the girls and I went to the cinema with my mum. It was Holly’s first time and she loved it. We went to see Trolls, which is a great film. I won’t tick this one off completely until we’ve gone with Andy with us too.
- Visit a theme park
- A trip to London
- Go ice skating
- See a panto
I’m really pleased that we made some progress this month, it has mainly been around things in the house. I am excited to see what March brings, hopefully some sunny days.