Well goodbye April, you were so much fun and thank you for bringing chocolate with you. I’m not sure we’ve done a great job of ticking of our bucket list, but maybe I will be surprised!
- Get our loft boarded (boring, but practical!)
- Yes, we got this done a couple of weeks ago and it’s brilliant. It took them all day, as it has to be on stilts and you can’t just lay down the boards. It has meant we can make a start on the spare bedroom, now all the boxes have gone.
- Have a patio laid
- The patio is laid and I’m so pleased that we were able to get it done. One of the perks of living on a new build estate, there are lots of handy builders around to do jobs for us. We’ve had a couple of sunny afternoons and the girls have been out playing on it.
- Install a shoe rack in the hallway
- Yes, we built it and it is installed in the hallway. I love this area of the house now and I always smile when I walk into our home.
- Buy new bedroom furniture for Holly
- Not only have we brought it, but we also put it all together. Holly’s room looks so much bigger with this furniture and I am just putting the finishing touches to it.
- Get blinds/curtains/shutters at all the windows
- We got our lovely shutters fitted a couple of weeks ago and I couldn’t be more pleased with them. They have completed the rooms so perfectly and I love them. That is now all our windows done.
- Decorate the girls bedrooms
- I decorated Alice’s bedroom with fairy wall stickers and she loves it. Holly’s room is so nearly done, I just need to find the perfect rug and it’s finished.
- I’ve now done Holly’s room with a woodland theme and it’s gorgeous. Her little face when she saw it was a picture and that makes it all worthwhile.
- Potty Train Holly
- Well we tried it for four days over the Easter holidays and she just isn’t ready. So, it’s on hold and I will try again in a few weeks.
- Find new swimming lessons for Holly
- Yes, we got the call last week to say she had a space and we had our first lesson this week. She loved it!
- Alice to start Rainbows
- Have an Easter Egg Hunt
- Yay! We went for a lovely Easter Egg Hunt at Highclere Castle with all my family. The girls had great fun making their way around the ground looking for the clues. They got a really good size egg too! We also had an Easter egg hunt in the garden too, you can’t have too many can you!
- Go on more bike rides
- Have a birthday party
- Move Holly into a bed
- With Holly’s new furniture arriving, we moved her across to a bed a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it didn’t quite go to plan, you can read about it here if you fancy it. She absolutely loves her new bed and is sleeping for longer.
Andy and I…
- Have a night away together
- Go to the cinema
- Andy and I had a lovely evening with our friends. We out for dinner and then to see Trainspotting 2, which I loved.
- Have a day date
- Andy to go to a football match or cricket test match
- Laura to have a spa day – This is booked in for July, ya!
- Laura to go to a blogging conference
- I’m not sure what happened to me in March, but I’m now going to BlogOn and BritMums!!
- Andy to play golf
- Have friends over for dinner
As A Family…
- Go to a National Trust Property that we’ve not been to before
- Go to the beach and eat fish and chips
- Have a holiday
- We have booked our holiday and we are off to Wales in August. I can’t wait!
- Go camping for the first time
- We’ve booked to go with our friends in August. We were meant to go last year, but Alice came down with chicken pox two days before, so fingers crossed we make it this year.
- Visit Devon
- Go to the cinema
- At the weekend the girls and I went to the cinema with my mum. It was Holly’s first time and she loved it. We went to see Trolls, which is a great film. We all went as a family to see The Smurfs The Lost Village and we all loved it. I used to love the smurfs when I was a child and I love that the girls do too. It was brilliant
- Visit a theme park – We are off to Paultons Park in August for the girls birthday!
- A trip to London
- Go ice skating
- See a panto
Well we made more progress that I thought we had and we have completely finished the house section of our bucket list! Which means it’s just fun stuff left to do for the rest of the year…hooray!!